Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The End of Gilmore Girls?


So I have been told by many and a lot of people think that the Gilmore Girls is over. I have been researching online, trying to find the truth. At first, the reports I found said that the creators and directors are jumping ship, but the show still goes on (as far as I can tell). Here is an interview with the head honcho of the production. I was trying to find info on the CW site about this whole ordeal, but I failed miserably. Perhaps, it is there, and I completely missed it.

Then I found that the only thing that might change the fate of another season, is the fact that the 2 main characters' contracts are up.

'Your legal contracts are up and you begin to imagine what-if. I don't want to be in a situation where I feel sorry for me. I've seen what happens to actors and shows where the thing is done, let it be over. I don't know that we're in that situation', Graham said.

Bledel also added: 'I really don't know what this year is going to be like. I'm going to see what it's like, then decide how I feel. We'll see'.

Then I found an article from USA Today that said the CW announced this would be the end with the final episode airing on May 15th. I am a little confused. Maybe they had planned to keep the show going, but that fell through? I think it is safe to say, that Gilmore Girls ends next Tuesday.

“I think it’s the best decision for the show,” Graham told Newsweek for editions that will hit newstands on Monday. “One of the things Alexis (Bledel, her costar) and I wished could be different was the schedule, and it really can’t be.”

So the news about the end is all over the place, but it seems that after the producers and creators couldn't strike the deal they wanted with the network, everything else seemed to fall apart as well. I am really going to miss the Gilmore Girls.


No comments: