Saturday, March 24, 2007

Monet

I have to write a paper for my art class and we get to pick the artist. At first, I wanted to write on someone I didn't know, but I couldn't resist, I am doing it on Monet!! I love Monet's pieces. If you ever get a chance to see one of his paintings in person, GO! It is remarkable how up close the brush strokes look like a mess of colors that a kid created, yet as you slowly move away the true image forms right before your eyes. Not only is this technique incredibly difficult, I also love what it symbolizes. When you are in the midst of a situation (where drama of some sort is involved) everything seems messy, confusing and frustrating, but when you step away from the problem at hand, you gain a whole new perspective that usually solves the problem. Enough rambling, just know that Monet is a genius.


Monet did a lot of paintings of water lilies.


This pond was his source of inspiration for all of those famous water lily paintings that you probably are familiar with.

No comments: