Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Power of Thought

A few weeks ago I blogged about my personality test that I took at work. I thought I would share some more information I forgot to blog about previously:

-According to a study done at Harvard, on average a person has 50,000 thoughts a day (can you imagine?)
- Sadly, 80% of those thoughts are negative

Have you ever realized that when someone says something like, "Don't think about the white rabbit", it is practically impossible to get that white rabbit out of your head (must have been Alice's problem)? This translates into how you should treat people, and more so, how you should raise your children (many years away for some of us). You tell a kid not to drop something, odds are, they will drop it. It is all about presentation of thought. Instead, encourage the children to hold on to whatever it is you are afraid they might drop. Make it positive. It all really makes sense when you think about it...

No comments: