Monday, March 24, 2008

Save Darfur



So I learned of this a couple of years ago, but a lot of people aren't aware. This is my opportunity to spread a tiny bit of awareness (even if it is to only a few people, possibly you will go on to tell someone else, and the information will continue to flow). There is genocide going on. GENOCIDE. Ridiculous and would be unbelievable if it weren't true. The genocide that we (my generation) find to be the most familiar is the Holocaust. 

genocide: noun, - the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. 

Darfur is currently experiencing just that.


We all should really try to be more educated about our world. Sometimes I disgust myself with how little I know. I try to keep up, especially on important issues. Sadly, this genocide has gained very little press time. Although we all know all about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie...kind of makes me sick when I think about it. 

No comments: