Monday, February 12, 2007

Kindergarten Love


Now that I am a substitute teacher, I am FULL of stories!! Today I taught a kindergarten class, and they were in no way boring. Two of the children told me that they were "in love" and getting married. Part of me initially thought this was because Valentine's Day is right around the corner and they are learning a lot about "love", but by the end I was not so sure that was the case. They wrote Valentine's/Love poems to each other, constantly sat side-by-side and when they stood up to dance to a song, they danced together. It was crazy! The boy looked me square in the eyes and said "I am going to marry her, as soon as I turn 16 we will be getting married." I was in shock. I mean, how do you respond to that? It was definitely an unexpected part of my day.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

i'm in school to be a kindergarten teacher! i haven't been in school for the last 2 years and now i'm back and i don't think i could be more excited about teaching kindergarten! love it!!